Responsible Thinking Process
B.4 Attendance Policy
• Students are to be in the school by 9am on a late start day (Monday) and 7.15am on other days.
• Students must scan in their attendance.
• Parents will be notified about absences via our SMS system.
• Any absence must be supported by a medical certificate or other valid documents.
• Only 2 Letters of Excuse will be accepted per semester.
• MCs or Letters of Excuse or other valid documentary proof must be submitted to Form Teacher within two days of return. Otherwise, the absence will be treated as truancy.
• Education is more than passing examinations. It is learning how to be a good citizen by participating in the school community, learning valuable social skills, and developing a broader world view. Therefore, students who do not meet the 80% attendance criteria without valid reasons may be barred from taking semestral examinations.
• Attendance and participation in Co-Curricular activities (CCA) is compulsory. CCA is an integral part of a student’s educational experience. Absence without valid reason is truancy.
B.5 Handphone Policy
Unauthorised use of electronic devices such as handphones during curriculum hours is strictly prohibited.
All electronic devices must be stored out of sight during lessons. Students caught using handphones will have their handphones confiscated for 1 week for first offence, 1 month for second and subsequent offences. Their SIM cards will be returned to them.
B.6 Anti-Bullying Policy
We strive to create a safe school climate for all students. Bullying is an unacceptable behaviour that is learned and should be immediately addressed. Bullying may involve, but not limited to, causing physical hurt, repeated verbal, written or electronic taunts, name-calling and put-downs, threats, exclusion from the peer group. Any student who believes that he or she has been bullied should report the behaviour immediately to the Form Teacher, counsellor or Discipline Teachers. Repeat offenders may be asked to leave the school.
B.7 Tobacco-Free Policy
a. The school takes a very serious view against smoking or possession of tobacco products. Besides the school disciplinary measures, all underage smokers will be reported to Health Science Authority for action.
b. Any student who smells of cigarette smoke will be sent home immediately as the odour may distract other students in classroom. Disciplinary actions will be taken against that student.
B.8 Illness during school hours
If a student becomes ill while at school, parent / guardian will be notified. The student will be cared for at the General Office until he/she is picked by a parent or any person authorised by the parent.
B.9 Requesting for early release from school
If a student needs to be released early from school, a note should be brought to school. The note, signed by parent/guardian should explain the reason for early release. The school will confirm with the parent via the official phone number in our records. The student cannot be released without direct communication with parent/guardian.
B.10 Entry to School by Car or Taxi
Students should be dropped off outside the main gate or side gate unless it is raining. For the safety of all students, we seek your cooperation and understanding to observe the following traffic directions during the peak hour.