Home > Partnership > Parents Support Group
Parents Support Group
PSG EXCO 2019
|Chairperson:||Mr Chng Hak Dee Jeremiah|
|1st Vice-Chairperson:||Mdm Shamma Parvin|
|2nd Vice-Chairperson:||Mdm Or Lee Hwa|
|Secretary:||Mdm Audrey Thong Mei Foong|
|1st Deputy Secretary:||Mdm Jessica Ng|
|2nd Deputy Secretary:||Mdm Miko Lee Mui Keng|
|Activity Coordinators:||Mdm Mohan Swapna Devi|
|Mdm Su Sze Ching|
|Mdm Suzannah bte Hamid|
|Mdm Chau Yen Wei|
|Mdm Judy Goh|
|Mdm Ally Tiang|
Benefits of Having a PSG
- When parents and school personnel collaborate in a PSG, a symbiotic relationship develops in which the PSG members share a common vision and goals and work towards improving the school.
- PSG members help to provide input on school policies and goals, curriculum issues, programmes, student performance and conduct.
- PSG allows parents to opt for greater involvement in the school. It provides a channel for parents to raise issues and concerns, seek clarifications, provide constructive feedback.
Why join the PSG?
- Gain better understanding of school policy, school programmes / activities
- Help your child cope better with school life
- Build closer relationship with your family
How Parents can volunteer?
Members of PSG may help in the following ways:
- Assist in excursion or activities (CCA)
- Act as resource personnel
- Fund-raising activities
Interested parents may fill in “Parental Involvement Form”
- PSG meetings are held on a Saturday afternoon once a month
- Sharing by Key Personnel during PSG meetings
- Support parenting talks by Family@School programmes
- Family bonding outing / barbeque
- Family bonding day camp