Home > Useful Links > For Parents > Parent Support Group
Parent Support Group
An active partnership based on a strong relationship between students, parents and the school to support every Punggolite to excel.
To engage parents to actively partner the school to nurture students with a values-based and value-added education.
2021 Parent Support Group (PSG) EXCO
||Names of Member(s)
Mdm Judy Goh Hong Choo
Mr Vaidhyanathan Hariharan
Mdm Ally Tiang Yoke Lin
Mdm Eunice Sng Su Huang
Why join PSG?
- Gain better understanding of school policy, school activities and programmes
- Help your child cope better with school life
- Share parenting experience
- Build a closer relationship with your family
Roles of the PSG
- PSG members help to provide input on school policies and goals, curriculum issues, programmes, student performances and conduct.
- It is a channel for parents to raise issues and concerns, seek clarifications and provide constructive feedback.
- Parents can opt for greater involvement in the school.
- PSG meetings are held on a Friday evening, once every two months. Each meeting is usually accompanied with a parenting talk.
- Parents will receive updates on school activities and PSG activities.
- It is also a platform for discussion and feedback on school programmes.
How can parents volunteer?
Members of PSG may help in the following ways:
- Support school activities: CCA, school events and programmes.
- Participate in school activities: CCA, school events and programmes.
- Act as a resource person: talks & networking.
Be a volunteer today!
Parents’ involvement in past events
The PSG has been active in encouraging parents to participate in the various parenting talks and school programmes such as the Annual Cross Country and Breakfast with Parents. In 2019, the PSG not only supported school programmes through the members’ participation in the various activities, but was also involved in planning and conducting several of such programmes.
When the elderly from Bright Hill Evergreen Home joined us for our Chinese New Year Celebrations, PSG members taught students how to interact with the elderly and how best to manoeuvre their wheelchairs. During Project Resilience, they not only participated in the walk from Changi Coast Road to school. They also greeted the students with a nice refreshing energy drink at the end of their journey.
The PSG also paid tribute to teachers during the Teachers’ Day lunch with the song ‘Top of the World’ and recited a poem celebrating the importance of the partnership between parents and teachers in moulding a child. Each staff was presented with a gift set of reusable stainless steel straws to support the school’s environmental consciousness effort.
The PSG also initiated and supported the family bonding activity ‘Dialogue in the Dark’ @ Ngee Ann Polytechnic on 25 October 2019. This programme aims to emphasise the father’s role in a family. The PSG also supported the Meals for Night Study initiative, where students may buy a sumptuous meal for $1 twice a week.
Yearly, the PSG will set up a booth at the school Open House to engage visiting parents and their children with a craft activity and answer enquiries from parents about the school. Similarly, during the Secondary One registration, parent volunteers were also on hand to assist and welcome new parents.
Parents attending a talk coordinated by the school
Parents attend a PSG talk, led by the school leaders
Parents shared about their respective careers to the secondary 4 and 5 students